For our Atlassian Marketplace, Trello, and monday.com apps
Who are AppFox?
AppFox is the name for our app development team here at Automation Consultants. As a team, our mission is simple – develop innovative apps that extend the functionality of the software you use (e.g. Confluence, Jira, Trello) and empower teams to collaborate in a more efficient way.
Any legal agreements you have entered into with Automation Consultants relating to our products will remain as they are. Automation Consultants are the company and legal entity for our products.
Our clients’ privacy is important to us, and we strive to maintain a secure environment.
Except where explicitly stated, user data collection is limited to only the necessities for our applications to function correctly.
User data will never be sold or shared outside of Automation Consultants Ltd.
Automation Consultants may send manual and automatic marketing emails to the ‘Technical Contact’ and ‘Billing Contact’ as provided by the Atlassian Marketplace.
Examples of the content that may be sent are as follows:
- Onboarding information to help you get up and running with the software
- Information on upcoming improvements or features
- App Updates and other product updates
- Security Notifications
- Service Announcements
Any communication with us through this manner will have an unsubscribe link that will prevent future communication with the address specified.
When accessing websites that contain content relating to Automation Consultants products, there may be analytics tags which allow us to track the effectiveness of our content.
This is facilitated by third-party services such as Google Analytics.
Some examples of this are as follows:
We use In-App Analytics in a number of our Apps to help us understand areas for improvement.
We do not use analytics in any of our On-Premise Apps (Server and Data Center versions).
For further clarity, please see the table below:
|Approvals for Confluence Cloud|
|Approvals for Confluence Server/Data Center|
|Approvals for Trello|
|Compliance for Confluence Cloud|
|Compliance for Confluence Server/Data Center|
|Hierarchy for Trello|
|Issue Charts for Jira|
|Matrix for Trello|
|Optimizer for Jira Cloud|
|Optimizer for Jira Server/Data Center|
|Pulse for Jira Cloud|
|View Tracker for Trello|
An example of the analytics data that is captured by our Cloud Apps is as follows:
- Action Type – what action was performed – e.g. a card is dropped on the Matrix
- Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated. The IP address itself is not available in GA as it is considered PII.
- Language – derived from the language settings of the browser
- Browser name – the browser the user is using
- Viewport or Viewing pane – the size of the browser window
- Screen resolution – the resolution of the user’s screen
Our analytics products (Pulse for Jira and View Tracker for Trello) store the data required for us to provide the service requested
- Action Types and Object Identifiers are used to provide these services.
- PII such as object names, card names etc. are not stored, only their identifiers.
A number of our Apps provide email communication for events that occur inside of the App, or the containing Application.
An example of this is when a user’s approval is requested in Approvals for Confluence – depending on the options selected, the individual will be notified that there is a pending approval.
This section only applies to Cloud Apps, as On-Premise applications operate independently from our infrastructure.
|Approvals for Confluence Cloud|
|Workflows for Confluence Cloud|
These Apps do not store email addresses and the relevant addresses are accessed as required, following the permission model laid out by Atlassian.